Friday, January 23, 2009

Inauguration Day 2009--To Hell and Back

I bore witness to history and here are my thoughts.

The Swearing-In Ceremony--sucked like hell. Packed like sardines, with the only thing visible being the backsides of other suckers, I moved 100 feet in 3 hours. When we finally did arrive at the Capitol Grounds, we could see relatively nothing except the backsides of other suckers again. I was cold and my back hurt.

The Parade--sucked like hell. The parade was almost two hours late. My feet were so cold, my toes almost fell off.

The Ball--sucked like hell. Bad food. Expensive drinks. Long lines. Got seperated from my friends for two hours, before finally pushing my way through hundreds of people again packed liked sardines, much to their chargin.

My conclusion: Cattle at feedlots get treated better than we treated ourselves on Inauguration Day. But we were there. Yea.

As a side note: I'm tired and pissy today. There were bright moments during that very long day, however, I'm too tired to remember them at the moment.

1 comment:

SarahC said...

Amber,you crack me up. My complaints about the inauguration have been branded "bitching" ... I'm glad someone with legitimate reason to "bitch" did so. Should I confess that I slept through the ceremony, warm and snug in my bed, waking up in time to watch/listen to the National Anthem as I made coffee? I'm the teeniest bit envious of you, though ... perhaps without cause, considering your description.